There are many options when it comes to the type of dog bed, but most fall into the following general categories:
- Dog Beds – Regular dog beds are typically the most popular option for our furry friends. These beds typically range from small beds to medium beds to large beds to extra large beds and can be filled with cotton, memory foam, or other types of filling to give them comfortable cushion.
- Dog Pillows – Just like the name, dog pillows are usually over-stuffed pillows that are optimal for dogs to lounge on. They are fluffy, comfortable pillows that any dog would love to sprawl out on.
- Dog Cots – Dog cots are great for outdoor use. When there’s dirt on the ground, or you have a grassy backyard, it is not ideal to lay a big fluffy dog bed out. Dog cots are raised off the ground and provide support and comfort for your pup.
- Orthopedic Dog Mats – Orthopedic dog mats are best used for dogs with arthritis or other orthopedic problems. These dog beds usually have memory foam to help soothe joints and support your dog’s body.
- Dog Mats – Dog mats are ideal for the dog that loves lying on the furniture, but for the owner that doesn’t want their furniture getting covered in hair and dirt. Lay a dog mat out on the couch or bed and provide a little extra comfort for your dog so they can lounge comfortably near you.
- Dog Bed with Bolsters – Dog beds with bolsters are ideal for the dog who loves to nuzzle in and nest into their bed, or for the dog that likes a little bit of pillow support. If your dog likes to rest their head on the arm of the sofa or uses pillows like a human, a dog bed with bolsters is perfect for them.